A Soldiers Wife

Monday, August 08, 2005

The Rundown...


Ok... So here's the situation. My Sweet Sweet Husband is a Staff Sergeant stationed in Georgia... Ft. Stewart, and they left January 9th for a 12 - 18 month deployment to Iraq. He just went back about 2 weeks ago after 2 glorious weeks of R & R. I'm going a little crazy and thought this would be a good way to get my frustrations out. We are able to chat just about every day via the glorious IM. It can be a blessing and a curse. If there are any causalties or severe injuries the Net and phones are blacked out and the guys aren't able to contact home. They are hold up in an old school building in the middle of a city riddled each day by motar fire. It's Hell really.... 140 drgree temperatures, no water most days and 3 hot meals a week. I don't think most people realize what are guys are living through over there. It breaks my heart. I talked to him today and found out they haven't been able to shower for 2 weeks now. No water at their patrol base. And the bottled water they drink is getting low. They are hoping to get more tomorrow. Something he said once when he was updating the family on what had been happening lately.....


"Water for showers is still a problem. Most of the time I'm bathing with a few bottles of water and a washcloth, there's never any city water for showers... supposively the Helburiton company is supposed to be taking over the support system for hot chow, constuction, and stuff like that... since they charge $64,000 per soldier per year. I've been here nearly 2 months now and MAYBE have taken 8 showers and gotten 2 dozen hot meals.... I'll take my 64k in cash please! I don't think I'm getting my moneys worth. " Feb 27, 2005

Maybe I will post his letters in case anyone is interested. Its just sad, the corruption and lies that are going on with this Administration. I support our Troops but not this war. Till next time.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home